Old developers API Explorer

Hello,

Since the 'new' API Explorer I get continues errors and slow responses.

Could you please enable the old interface back, or have an old url that we can use for API endpoints?

In Firefox and Chrome both my browser are crashing when I try, for example, get 100 results from a async Job.

This also happens in Firefox:

Hello, can you provide some details about this? What errors are you getting? What actions are slow? Does this happen all the time or just sometimes? When did you first notice this issue?

No, this was announced in February and ample time was given for all users to migrate their processes to the new tools: Removal of legacy developer tools

Thanks for the reply, Tim!

I do, for example, the following:

1. I create a new job: /api/v2/analytics/conversations/details/jobs
  2. I wait for it to be fulfilled
  3. I try to get the results through: /api/v2/analytics/conversations/details/jobs/{jobId}/results

Even when I limit the pageSize to 100 the browsers will give the "not responding" error.

This has probably something to do with the json parser that happen in the Javascript and would be nice if I could turn that off.

You're running into limitations using the Developer Tools as a workflow tool to extract large amounts of data, but the tools intended use case is a quick way to testing basic API functions before consuming them in your own applications. Your browser can't handle syntax highlighting excessively large payloads (i.e. larger than a human can functionally read), which is what's causing it to hang. CX as Code or using the API/SDKs in a custom script or application are good approaches for handling/exporting large amounts of data.

If you really are just trying out the APIs, set your page size to 10 or so to limit the results to an amount of data you'll be able to read and your browser will be able to render.

That said, you're definitely not the only person attempting to use the tool in this way and we do have an item on the backlog to disable syntax highlighting for large payloads.

Thanks for the reply! I'll work around it!

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.