Removal of Custom and Conversation stream types from the list of Journey supported stream types

Description

When creating certain Journey entities, like event types, segments, outcomes and action maps, an API user is required to define which stream type a given entity will operate on. Stream types currently supported by Journey are:

• Web - event stream containing events originating from web browsing sessions (i.e: page views, button clicks, form fills, etc)

• App - events tracked inside mobile applications (i.e: screen views, button clicks, etc)

However, the list of supported stream types documented in Genesys Cloud API also includes:

• Custom - event stream relating to unreleased Genesys feature, allowing for tracking events in 3rd party systems

• Conversation - event stream containing events relating to conversation journey events (i.e: IVR milestone, identity graph update, etc), superseded by Single Customer View feature

This change removes Custom and Conversation from the list of Journey supported stream types, because having those stream types documented is misleading, suggesting to API users that they can use Journey features with those stream types, for example: achieve outcomes, match segments, trigger action maps, etc.

Change Category

Informational

Change Context

Both Custom and Conversation stream types were part of unreleased and torn down features, however they were included in the list of Journey supported stream types before related features were approved for release. Removing those unsupported stream types from Genesys Cloud API documentation aligns it with what the Journey services are supporting.

Change Impact

There should be no impact to Genesys customers and API users. A search of Journey entities in production environment was concluded and no entities with Custom or Conversation stream types were found in customer orgs.

Date of Change

23 Jul 2024

Impacted APIs

/journey/eventtypes (GET), /journey/eventtypes/{id} (GET)
/journey/segments (GET, POST), /journey/segments/{id} (GET, PATCH)
/journey/outcomes (GET, POST), /journey/outcomes/{id} (GET, PATCH)
/journey/actionmaps (GET, POST), /journey/actionmaps/{id} (GET, PATCH)

References

[GPE-12402]
[RELATE-6926]

This topic was automatically closed 62 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.