sdk.setConversationHeld is not a function?

Hey again, hope you all had a great weekend :smiley:

I now have an SSL cert and the SDK running like a champ. I can make and take calls with the component I'm building, and my "hang up" button is working as well. But I've run into what seems to be a discrepancy between the docs and the way things are actually meant to work. When I try to place a call on hold (using sdk.setConversationHeld({ conversationId: "whatever", held: true}) I get the error "sdk.setConversationHeld is not a function". The only warnings or gotchas in the docs are "NOTE: only applicable for softphone conversations" (thank you, Captain Obvious :laughing:). And in the Firefox developer tools, it's true - the SDK doesn't have any kind of setConversationHeld or setConversationsHeld or whatever it was (ruling out typos lol). There's only setAccessToken, setAudioMute, setMaxListeners and setVideoMute. I'm using version 6 of the SDK, from the CDN at https://sdk-cdn.mypurecloud.com/webrtc-sdk/v6/genesys-cloud-webrtc-sdk.bundle.min.js

I also tried the session-level "hold()" method, but that didn't seem to work either (neither does mute for that matter). Am I missing some kind of config setting (in initialize or something like that)? Or is there some other script I need to load for that functionality to become available?

Hello,

The current version for the Genesys Cloud WebRTC SDK is 7.4.2 (gitub repo).
The setConversationHeld appears in version 7 - https://sdk-cdn.mypurecloud.com/webrtc-sdk/v7/genesys-cloud-webrtc-sdk.bundle.min.js So I guess it didn't exist in version 6.

Regards,

Thanks! I would never have guessed that from the docs (they still show v6 in their examples); also worth noting, it has to be new GenesysCloudWebrtcSdk.default (this is mentioned in a kind of passing way, like "in v7 this will be the same thing" or something like that), in case anyone else stumbles on this. :smiley:

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.