Web messaging with authentication

Hi all,

I wants to use web messaging with authentication. I have configured the “OpenID Connect Messenger Configuration” and activated the “Authentication” flag in the widget Messenger configuration, but I cannot guide to the Customer for the Javascript code required in widget deployment

Does anyone know the following parameters and can help me? Or maybe provide me with an example?

• authCode: , (// pass your authorization code here)
  • redirectUri: ,(// pass the redirection URI configured in your Authentication provider here)
  • nonce: , ( pass the random string preferably in uuid format. Applicable for OKTA provider. )
  • maxAge: , (pass elapsed time in seconds. Applicable for OKTA provider and it is an optional parameter.)
  • codeVerifier: (pass your code verifier here when PKCE flow is enabled)
  • iss: , (pass your iss here. It is an optional parameter provided in the authorization response by your Authentication provider.)
    (From: https://developer.genesys.cloud/commdigital/digital/webmessaging/messengersdk/authenticatedMessenger)

Please, can you help me?

Thanks in advanced and best regards

Hi,

I would advise in first place to play only with authCode and redirectUri.
All other parameters are optional and provide extra security.
They can be added in a second step.
redirectUri is easy: that's the url configured in the authorization server for your app to redirect the user after successful authentication.
It has to be strictly identical. Otherwise login will fail.
authCode: this parameter is set when the authorization server redirects the user after successful authentication, it adds some url parameters like the temporary code <redirectUri>?code=<code>
This code is valid for a short period of time (usually 1 minute) and can be used only once.

Settings those 2 parameters should guide you to successful authentication.
I would also advise to test first manually (outside of Messenger) to request a code and then doing the login (all with http requests).
You may want to read those articles that go more in details for the Http requests.

Hope this helps,

Regards,
V.P.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.