WebRTC SDK/API SDK application working but not receiving ACD calls

Hello, I am stuck with a problem very similar to the following one posted by LighthouseMike Some users not receiving calls.
Unfortunately I cannot see in the topic mentioned above how the problem was solved.

When I log user A using the custom application built with the SDKs (browser is Chrome, latest version):

• the user logs into Genesys Cloud and environment info are retrieved (i.e. users/me, presence definitions, ...)
  • notification channel is open and relevent user topics are subscribed
  • WebRTC SDK object is created (with default settings and event listeners are set)
  • initialize method is called on WebRTC SDK
  • user presence is set On Queue

After the steps described above:

• I can see that user A presence is On Queue using CX monitoring tools, but no ACD calls is delivered (when I log the same user with Collaborate/Communicate application everything works as expected and ACD calls are delivered).
  • If another user dials the name/extension of user A everything works fine: user A can answer the incoming call (users can talk and user A can hold, retrieve, release the call using custom app).

Am I missing something in startup ?
Do you have any hints about possible causes ?
Help, please ! :cold_sweat:

Hello,
I solved the problem :smile: though you receive a station event on WebRTC SDK containing {action": "Associated"... and station details}
The station is not effectively associated to the user: calls to /users/{userid}/station return that effectively the user is using a station (you receive user calls), but the associatedStation field is empty.
StationId must be associated explicitly to the user in order to receive ACD calls.

Wow, you actually arrived at a better understanding of it than I ever did. The docs... just don't tell you that. It's like, if you haven't been building softphones for 10 years, you're playing catch-up, learning Genesys' names for things vs. our end-users' names for things, figuring out what's what etc It's interesting to watch and learn these disparate slanguages. And even now knowing the fix, honestly I have to say that stations (or "phones" as our admins call them) are an interesting, mysterious beast that I still don't fully understand myself. But the solution you arrived at is also what fixed it for me (using the Platform SDK, not the WebRTC SDK, to set my station when my program starts).

In fact, you might have just helped me with my latest issue (I get one call, but then I have to refresh). I'm in the middle of this big rewrite, in a feeble attempt to track down a really devious little bug that is somehow throwing people into "Not REsponding" status for no apparent reason. The rewrite is almost done, but now you got me wondering if I set the station thing correctly. Thanks for the reminder!

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.