YAML exports and Dialogflow integration name

Hello

I think I might have discovered a bug regarding Archy and exporting the flows in YAML format. It is related to Dialogflow integrations names.

Let's imagine this scenario:

1. I have a Dialogflow Integration called "My Dialogflow Integration".
  2. I create a flow that uses a bot within that integration. I publish it.
  3. I change the Dialogflow Integration name to "Modified Dialogflow Integration".
  4. I export the flow created in step 2, in yaml format (using either Archy or from Architect page).
  5. In the yaml, the integration name appears as "My Dialogflow Integration" (the old name).
  6. I use Archy to republish that flow (without modifying the file). It fails, with an error saying it couldn't find the bot.

Sadly, I cannot change freely the name of the integration in my test org, as it would affect my coworkers. So I made up that theoretical scenario based on that I know the name changed a while ago, and when I export very old flows, they have the old name, whereas the new ones have the new name.

As I am not allowed to reproduce this in my test org, I do not know if I should open a case with Customer Care or not...

Any updates about this?

Hi @Adrian_Santamaria,

Sorry about the delayed response on this as I had completely missed this forum post. Looking into this now and will update when I have more information available!

Thanks,
Jon

Hello! Any news about this?

Hi @jon.vansteen. Were you able to check this?

Hi @Adrian_Santamaria,

Sorry about that, I missed your replies. I havent been able to reproduce this issue, but will take some time this week to try again. Have you ran into this same issue again?

Thanks,
Jon

Yes @jon.vansteen ! I´ve also noticed that it happens with any integration. Not just with Dialogflow. It looks like the old name is kept even when the flow is republished.

This behaviour can break pipelines... If making archy export followed immediately by an archy publish without modifying the file is not a reliable operation...

@Adrian_Santamaria,

Ive been able to reproduce the issue with the dialogflow integration per your example and am working on a fix for this. I will also look into the other integration handling for yaml export across other actions. I will update this post when this fix is available for flow export.

Thanks again,
Jon

1 Like

Hello @jon.vansteen Were you able to solve the issue?

Hi @Adrian_Santamaria,

I have the fixes in for this and it will be included with the next Archy release. Hoping to get it out this week if all goes well with QA verification.

Thanks,
Jon

1 Like

Thank you @jon.vansteen . This fix will be just in Archy? Or it will be included when exporting flows via the Architect UI?

@Adrian_Santamaria it will be included when exporting flows via the Architect UI as well. Im just not sure on the timing for a new Architect UI release yet.

1 Like

Hello

As I see here, the 2.26.1 version that solves this issue is still in development. Are there any ETA for it?

Hi @Adrian_Santamaria,

I was looking to get a release out this week until an issue was found with upgrading/downgrading from the 2.26.0 version of Archy. You can see more details about that here - Archy version 2.26.0 - Do not use

Looking to get a new build out next week hopefully after QA verifies a build with a fix for the upgrade/downgrade issue.

Thanks,
Jon

1 Like

Hi @Adrian_Santamaria,

Archy version 2.27.0 is now available. Let me know if you still have any issues!

Thanks,
Jon

It was fixed in both Archy and the web Architect interface. Thank you very much @jon.vansteen ! :heart: