Architect Disconnect Events

Hi Everyone

I have a doubt about disconnection events in architect.
I need know the point of abandoned in Flow.

Using participant data I can mark and track the calls, but I need too the disconnect event.

A some time ago I see in this forum the follow post: Architect Hangup Action/Event
About hang up events in Architect, I would like to know if this events has disponible to capture.

Or if exists some prevision?

Best regards,

Hello,

At this time, it is not possible to catch and trigger something in an Architect flow when the caller disconnects.

Reading the post you referenced:

I think Richard said "disconnect event" by mistake.
"At this moment, there is not. you could conceivably place a data action prior to the disconnect event in the flow, which would get you close to what you're looking for, but would not account for the caller disconnecting on their own (i.e. an IVR abandon)."
He was referring to the Disconnect block in an Architect flow - when Architect is the one to request the disconnect.

The project that @Richard.Schott is mentioning in the second part is about a new capability (that is currently in testing - not released yet) - called Process Automation - at least at API level (the API endpoints are in preview).
You will be able to define a JSONPath expression on a specific topic/event (configuration level) - e.g. on call disconnect - that will automatically trigger an Architect workflow when this event fires.
So you would not catch the disconnect event in the "original" Architect flow - but you could trigger a Data Action in the Process Automation triggered workflow (with no need to create/run code outside of this).

Otherwise, the other way to catch a disconnect event while being handled by an Architect flow would need to leverage the AWS EventBridge integration. But that means you need to purchase/implement an AWS EventBridge service along with some lambda (that will analyze the event and psuh some data wherever you want).

Regards,

Hi Fabian,

Jerome is correct in his statement, but I do want to clarify a couple of things:

The process automation trigger is currently in beta. It is designed to listen to the same events that would be published to the AWS event bridge. The process automation flows are meant to be a mechanism to trigger a flow asynchronously based on an event. While I believe we are getting ready to go GA relatively soon with this feature, we do not have an exact release date. If you are interested in being part of the beta I would contact @Richard.Schott. If you are interested in seeing a blueprint around process automation we have one blueprint that has been published and one that is in the draft. The draft blueprint has been tested, but it is not yet been content reviewed for grammar and spelling. These blueprints are here:

1. SMS message on missed callback
  2. Use triggers to process participant attributes

The AWS Event Bridge feature is fully available. As Jerome stated, you do need an AWS account and some code to process the events. We have several AWS EventBridge examples here:

1. AWS Event Bridge Analytics Details Event blueprint
  2. AWS Event Bridge OAuth Client Delete Blueprint

I hope that helps.

Thanks,
John Carnell
Manager, Developer Engagement

Hi Guys,

I have seen this post and very excited to test the new process automation trigger like described.
I'm very interested to be part of the beta, How can I proceed?
thanks
jeremy

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.