Looking up WFM parameters for connection times

Hi team,

From my company, they ask me to obtain the following information from the Genesys APIs:

• Expected Staff: Expected connection time (in seconds) of the agent, within WFM.
  • Real Staff: Real connection time (in seconds) of the agent.
  • Expected rest: Expected rest time (in seconds), within WFM.
  • Real rest: Time (in seconds) of real rest.

Before asking for help, I have researched the Genesys Cloud website and what I have found is that these values are part of the staff control (WFM), but I do not know from which API I can obtain them, I thought they may be in Gamification, Schedules or Agent, but I haven't found the information I'm looking for.

Thank you for always answering all my questions, you are a great help to continue with my work.

Best regards.

Expected values would be found in the schedules.
Actual values would be found in the User Activity.

For schedules I use GET /api/v2/workforcemanagement/businessunits/{businessUnitId}/weeks/{weekId}/schedules for each BU to get the schedule list then iterate through those with GET /api/v2/workforcemanagement/businessunits/{businessUnitId}/weeks/{weekId}/schedules/{scheduleId} to get the metadata that then has to be looked at with POST /api/v2/workforcemanagement/businessunits/{businessUnitId}/weeks/{weekId}/schedules/{scheduleId}/agentschedules/query. Yes that is a loop, inside a loop, inside a loop. They did not make that part simple to do in bulk.

For actuals I use POST /api/v2/analytics/users/aggregates/query with the Organizational Presence and System Presence metrics for the activity, broken out by 30 minute intervals.

If your needs are very simple (category level) you can also do this with a single call to the historical adherence API, GET /api/v2/workforcemanagement/managementunits/{managementUnitId}/adherence, because it returns both scheduledActivityCategory and actualActivityCategory.

1 Like

Could you provide more clarification? The terms you are using are a bit different from what we use and can be interpreted to be several things.

Expected staff:

1. staffing requirement prediction (i.e., how many staff per interval we predict you'll need to be on queue based on your volume forecast and service goals)
  2. scheduled staff counts (i.e., counts of agents scheduled for On Queue activities per interval)
  3. expected handle time of agents per interval (you mention 'connection' time which could be handle time)
  4. something else?

Similar questions for 'Real staff'...

When you say 'rest' is that scheduled time not on queue or something else?

Thank you very much Eos_Rios, you have been of great help.

Good morning Jay,

First of all, I want to thank you for your help and your time.
I am very sorry for not being clear enough in the consultations. I will try to be more clear.

Actually, what we need is the time established by the organization or company, that an agent has to be connected (that is, in an interaction, conversation and other parameters that add up to the time an agent was connected), in an interval of 30 minutes, and in the same way we need the rest time established by said organization for an agent, in an interval of 30 minutes. We don't need the number of staff that will be queuing based on your forecast or target.
In addition to the time established by the organization or company, we also need the time that the agent was truly connected (in real time) (that is, in an interaction, conversation and other parameters that add up to the time that was connected), in an interval of 30 minutes. . In this case I think it is about the occupation. I'm assuming this from the metrics in the following link: Workforce Management Metric Definitions - Genesys Cloud Resource Center (mypurecloud.com).
And in the same way, we need the true rest time, that is, the time that the agent was without any interaction, conversation, etc. Within the interval of 30 minutes, I imagine that this value can be obtained using the previous parameters.

I am looking forward to your response.
Best regards.

That made it clear. Sounds like you are looking for tHandle or some subset for 'connected' time. Analytics (links below) would have aggregated conversation stats for that for actuals (real).

For predicted handle time you would need to use the forecast APIs (e.g., this one). Be aware we don't predict this on a per agent basis - it is predicted per planning group.

As far as real rest it seems like some mix of analytics queries.

For expected rest, WFM doesn't predict that. You might be able to construe scheduled periods where you know they won't be interacting (interacting = anything that makes up handle time) and then make some assumptions as to how much of any given scheduled on queue period you would expect they would be interacting.

https://developer.genesys.cloud/analyticsdatamanagement/analytics/metrics
https://developer.genesys.cloud/analyticsdatamanagement/analytics/analytics-apis

Also may want to look into Occupancy:
This metric represents the total time that agents actually spend handling interactions:

• Predicted calculation is the total time predicted to be in Interacting routing status / total scheduled on-queue time in interval.
  • Actual calculation is the total time in Interacting routing status / total actual on-queue time (Interacting + Communicating + Idle routing status time) in interval.

Workforce management metric definitions - Genesys Cloud Resource Center tab/page 6

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.