We've got a fresh new look! Check it out at https://developer-beta.genesys.cloud/
We've been revamping the Dev Center over the past few months to give it a facelift and have reorganized the site's content to be structured by category instead of by product and content type. Now, API docs, articles, guides (the content formerly known as Tutorials), and other content are grouped together by the category of their content.
We want to hear from you! Please share your feedback, good and bad, by creating a new forum post in the Site Feedback category or use the feedback at the bottom of the page in the beta site to submit feedback. The feedback form expands to collect additional information after you give the page a thumbs up/down rating.
Here's a rundown of some of the new features:
- Improved navigation - now you can click around and explore the site's structure by expanding the navigation tree
- Reorganized content - pages are now grouped by the subject of their content
- Fresh new look - the site's typography and colors have been updated for better readability and consistency
- Integrated Genesys Cloud sign in - use the Account Switcher in the top right corner of the site to sign in with Genesys Cloud accounts and select the active account to use when interacting with the Platform API throughout the site.
- Developer Toolbox - There's a toolbox in the bottom right corner of the site. Click it!
- API Explorer - API resource documentation is now interactive; add an account using the menu at the top right of the screen and try requests right from the documentation. You can bookmark API resource by clicking the star icon wherever you encounter the API resource documentation on the site. Bookmarked API resources will be saved to the toolbox.
- Notifications Topics - the listing of available topics is now interactive! Create a notification channel and subscribe to topics right from the documentation. Open the toolbox to view the notification stream for each channel.
- Bookmarked pages - Click the star next to any page title in the site and it will be bookmarked to the toolbox for safe keeping.
- Application Inspector - get details about OAuth client usage directly in the site.
The existing Dev Center site will remain in place until the Beta period ends. At the end of the beta period, currently slated for 3/31/2022, the beta site will replace the existing site at https://developer.genesys.cloud and the beta URL will be removed.
We're still in active development for the new dev tools, but have chosen to include a preview of them in the beta site. The new tools will reach feature parity prior to deprecating the existing Developer Tools applications. Deprecation of the existing tools will be announced separately in the future.
- Beta - March 9, 2022
- GA - March 30, 2022